Change launcher or K button -- change Saving icon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Change launcher or K button -- change Saving icon

Hey, everyone. I tried a bunch of different looks for Kubuntu with these commands:
    System Settings --> Global Theme
    System Settings --> Plasma Style
    System Settings --> Application Style
    Some of the looks were kind of cool, including the Mac OS X stuff, but I ended up just going back to most of my previous settings. It's fun to try stuff out, but I didn't change much. I changed to this Windows Decoration named Suave, which I like better than the Air-Oxygen one that I was using before.

After setting things back, I had to re-create all my panel shortcuts.

However, somehow I've ended up with two unwanted changes:
    1. The Launcher or K button or start button (whichever you want to call it) is now one with these colorful blue, green, and pink dots that I don't really like.
    2. The working progress icon is now a spinning wheel of flamboyant colors like pink, orange, green, yellow, etc. That might be some people's thing, and all the more power to them if it is, but it's not really my thing. I'm not sure if I'm calling this icon the right thing, but it would be the hourglass icon if this were an old Windows 95 machine or the watch icon if it were a really old Mac.

How do I change these two icons to being something different?
    Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
    ================================

1. The Launcher or K button or start button (whichever you want to call it) is now one with these colorful blue, green, and pink dots that I don't really like.
    Right click on it, and choose Configure, click to Icon option to bring up an icon browser. The default name is 'Start here"., there may be a few choices with that name. Or find something you like among the available icons you have.

Comment

2. The working progress icon is now a spinning wheel of flamboyant colors like pink, orange, green, yellow, etc. That might be some people's thing, and all the more power to them if it is, but it's not really my thing. I'm not sure if I'm calling this icon the right thing, but it would be the hourglass icon if this were an old Windows 95 machine or the watch icon if it were a really old Mac.

What Plasma Theme and/or Plasma Style have you selected?

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
        What Plasma Theme and/or Plasma Style have you selected?
        System Settings ==> Global Theme = Kubuntu
        System Settings ==> Plasma Style = Kubuntu
        System Settings ==> Application Style = Oxygen
        System Settings ==> Application Style ==> Window Decorations = Suave
        System Settings ==> Application Style ==> Configure Gnome/GTK app style =
        GTK 2 = Breeze
        GTK 3 = default

Btw, I was able to change my Launcher button icon. It had inherited some goofy looking icon from one of the themes I tried out. It had not reverted back to the default Kubuntu icon. But I found a nicer Kubuntu icon that I like. Thanks.

Edit: I found a page of KDE icons. Turns out the ugly one I didn't like was named Neptune and looks like this:

Here's the page with the nice KDE icons:
        https://www.pngkit.com/view/u2e6q8u2...omputer-icons/

I downloaded a bunch to use at will.
        Last edited by Tom_ZeCat; May 28, 2021, 09:30 AM.
        Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
        ================================

Comment

Working...
        X