Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not at home atm but of course my laptop shows 0002.
    The laptop is a stock and fairly recent KDE Neon install, so 20.04. The PCs are not recent installs, and I can't recall if or how I restored any backup configs, which is the only way I think the files would have changed from stock. I knew something didn't look right but heck, two different systems.........

........and one case of PEBKAC.

Good enough reason to clean up and start over. I do need want a bigger ssd , and play with this new-fangled butters thingo

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      how I restored any backup configs, which is the only way I think the files would have changed from stock
      Could happen if you restored config files from a non-posix filesystem (like a fat usb-stick) that you had mounted with very liberal permissions, for example.

You could probably fix it with some clever chmods (at least removing the w permission for all 'chmod -R o-w $HOME'), removing unnecessary execute permissions is a bit trickier since there probably are files that need it in your $HOME, could be done but takes a bit of effort (that might not be worth it if you are looking to start fresh eventually anyway)...the unnecessary execute permissions are more of a cosmetic problem, and even the excess write permissions are less of a problem in a single-user system.

Comment

Working...
      X