This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Opening a Base database

I am seeking to open an extant Open Office database - OOBirths.odb - part of my genealogy set - with currently upgraded LibreOffice.Base. It does open but goes directly to Forms and when I seek to move to Tables I get an error message : 'The connection to the external data source could not be established. No SDBC driver was found for the URL 'sdbc:embedded:hsqldb'.' Would that reference mean anything to anyone here, please?
    Last edited by Keith Sayers; Apr 01, 2021, 11:47 PM. Reason: smiley failed

Opening a Base database

I am seeking to open an extant Open Office database - OOBirths.odb - part of my genealogy set - with currently upgraded LibreOffice.Base. It does open but goes directly to Forms and when I seek to move to Tables I get an error message : 'The connection to the external data source could not be established. No SDBC driver was found for the URL 'sdbc:embedded:hsqldb'.' Would that reference mean anything to anyone here, please?

Comment

Hallo Keith, make sure the libreoffice-sdbc-hsqldb package is installed...
      Greetings from Belgium,
      Eddy

Comment

The connection to the external data source could not be established. No SDBC driver was found for the URL 'sdbc:embedded:hsqldb'
        make sure the libreoffice-sdbc-hsqldb package is installed
        Last edited by claydoh; Apr 02, 2021, 07:00 AM.

Comment

You'll also have to turn on a "pool" for the specific database
          Click image for larger version

Name:	libreoffice_db_setting.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	645112
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy Praet View Post
            Hallo Keith, make sure the libreoffice-sdbc-hsqldb package is installed...
            Greetings from Belgium,
            Eddy
            Thank you - that did it! But I wonder why that package is not automatically included in a full Base upgrade ...

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Sayers View Post
              Thank you - that did it! But I wonder why that package is not automatically included in a full Base upgrade ...
              It usually is, or at least it was when I installed 20.04, because I never specifically installed it and you can see from my posted picture that it is in my list of dbs.
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
              X