This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night Color Won't Stick

I'm having a problem where I change night color settings and hit either ok or apply, the settings apply for a couple of seconds and then revert, as night color switches off.
    This is on external display. I had installed redshift too and it was giving similar behavior.
    Any ideas on a fix?

Welcome to KFN, @kubunubu!

Can you tell us a little about your setup? You mentioned it's an external display, but is that on a laptop or desktop? And tell us a bit about the computer itself, like its brand (if applicable), how new/old it is, any info you know about its graphics card/ability, and whether you're having any other issues outside this specific kind of problem.

Have you tried applying the changes, immediately logging out and back in? Sometimes that's worked for me when a particular setting didn't stick at first.
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

I have a similar situation. The night color clicks on just after logging in, then goes off during the splash screen and won't go on again until I double-click the little bulb icon. I'm using 20.10 and have a GeForce GT630 video card. Maybe if Kubunbu installs the Nightcolor control widget he can get to work the way I do. Some little bug, I guess.

Comment

Working...
      X