Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bug in Libre Office Calc that might be a Kubuntu or Ubuntu display thing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONFIGURATION] Bug in Libre Office Calc that might be a Kubuntu or Ubuntu display thing.

Here is what I observed I formated the cell to date. 3/1 to 3/3 and 3/5 displays as expected however 3/4 always displays as a fraction no matter what cell or the fact that the cells formatting code is set to date. When I went to the Bugzilla Libre Office section it said that many bugs are OpenGL or OpenCL problems. I don't know how to check that so I thought I'd post here to start. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?
    Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Confirmed here too. In fact, the fractions 1/4 and 1/2 are also displayed as fractions in Calc in a Column specifically specified for the Cells to be 'Date'.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

That is weird!

Entering the full date (i.e., 3/4/21), results in a properly formatted date. Also, entering 3/04 results correctly.

Still, weird!
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

For the 'reason' and 'fix', see https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/quest...e-75-or-30414/

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490 View Post
          That is weird!

Entering the full date (i.e., 3/4/21), results in a properly formatted date. Also, entering 3/04 results correctly.

Still, weird!
          And that, to me, is an even better way to deal with this; to enter mm/dd instead of mm/d. That avoids the Libre Office Calc Auto-correct feature from kicking in, but keeps the rules for those fractions in place.

Comment

and if you want to show only the month/day then select that format in the Date category.

Comment

I am using Libre Office version 7.1 on Neon 20.04 User's edition. I trired 1/2, 1/4, 3/4 , 3/04. All was shown and correctly according to column formatted as mm/dd/year.

Comment

WFM on libreoffice-calc/focal,now 1:7.0.4~rc2-0ubuntu0.20.04.2 amd64 [installed]
                Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
                X