This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DESKTOP] End of flash. what to do

Sorry people. but I have wasted enough time trying to find what to do. I am asking in here Kubuntu 20.04 and latest FireFox, and I have removed all flash players (pepperflash) I am still getting errors on website saying to install adobe flash, which is EOL. I have looked around for html5 plugins, but all appear to do one thing. Youtube plugin player. snapchat plugin. No html5 stuff that appears to be in MUON What do I do, Please & thanks

I could be wrong here, but if a website is still using flash, it is on them to replace the parts that are using it with normal html compliant components.
    HTML5 doesn't require plugins.

Comment

Correct. HTML5 is built into every modern browser. All non-HTML5 content is disappearing from the web as content producers very rapidly adapt to all sorts of new technology. It will be ever thus.
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

We've had more than adequate warning about Flash going away. Apps which still rely on it will be/are losing customers unless they have created a replacement based on HTML5. Search for those replacements.

Thus is our life on the 'net. There will be some pain but it will go away soon. It might seem like you will miss the use of that limb, but "we can rebuild him. We have the technology" and it won't cost $6 Million (for those who remember).
        Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.8, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
          I could be wrong here, but if a website is still using flash, it is on them to replace the parts that are using it with normal html compliant components. HTML5 doesn't require plugins.
          Makes sense, and what I sort of thought it might be. But as I don't know much, I thought I should ask. Many Thanks Claydoh and others

Comment

Should I uninstall pepperflash ?

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieDaves View Post
              Should I uninstall pepperflash ?
              According to your OP, you already have:
              I have removed all flash players (pepperflash)
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

One more thing, contact the website and ask them when are they going to update?

Comment

Working...
                X