This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Chrome file menu missing

I just installed Chrome yesterday, Version 87.0.4280.141 (Official Build) (64-bit), and I've plodded through all of its settings, but it's missing its file menu bar.

I've right-clicked everywhere imaginable on it, too, hoping to find a 'menu bar' option, but have not. I'm sure I've overlooked something; do you know what that might be?
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Does Chrome have a menu bar?

If you mean the File Edit etc., unlike Firefox and Internet Explorer, Chrome does not have a traditional menu bar. Instead, additional features can be accessed by clicking the More button (three dots in a vertical line) on the top right of the browser below the window close (X) button.

Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yep, that's exactly what I mean, @Snowhog. Sh!t. I don't like not having a menu bar.

Thanks, though.
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

The mighty Oak breaks against the gale, while the wispy Willow bends. Be the Willow.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I've been a willow more times than you can even imagine! So I've had lots of practice.

Comment

You could check the add-ons for the functionality.

EDIT: You could try this, for example: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...bbmdhcaopnedkp
            Note that this is not an endorsement, I haven't tried it (while I prefer having a menubar for basically all other apps, I actually like the extra vertical space in a browser and don't really need to access the menu very often)

More information here: https://www.stefanvd.net/project/pro...wser/index.htm
            Last edited by kubicle; Jan 18, 2021, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Thank you very much, @kubicle! I'll check those out.

In case anyone's wondering, no, I'm not dumping SeaMonkey for Chrome! I just wanted it, along with numerous other browsers, for a variety of reasons.

Comment

Working...
              X