Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Discover featured window at startup while keeping update notifications on

New-ish clean install of Kubuntu 20.04 on an HP Elitebook 840 G6. At startup, after login, I am usually treated to an open Discover window showing me "featured" programs. I don't want this to open on startup. However, I also want to keep daily update notifications on. I assume this means that I have to keep Discover among the programs/services launched at startup. Is there any way to keep update notifications on while getting rid of the featured programs window? I can't find any obvious setting to change.

No, you do not need to have Discover open/running for update notifications.

You are seeing an intermittent bug where a program is 'stuck' in a saved desktop session.
    The default setting for Plasma is to save the current desktop session at logout, and sometimes an application stays in the saved session settings.
    This can be remedied by temporarily changing the settings to 'Start with an Empty Session' at login.
    System Settings >> Startup and Shutdown >> Desktop Session

However, for a few folks, Discover seems to autostart no matter what the setting, so you may have to add plasma-discover to the 'Applications to be excluded' section to fix this

Comment

I also need to correct my notification settings for this forum! Only just saw this. OK, thanks.

Comment

+1 Thanks claydoh
        Linux User #454271

Comment

Working...
        X