This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Icons for GTK applications

Hi everyone please I have a quite simple looking question.

I don't know how to change icons for GTK2/3 applications in Kubuntu 20.04. I looked on kde.org where is screenshot from System Settings, but I can only change GTK theme in Kubuntu 20.04, there is no controls for icon themes.

For example Firefox and Thunderbird use Adwaita icons, but I don't see any Adwaita settings in ~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini. Property gtk-icon-theme-name here in ini file doesn't seem to be respected.

Originally posted by archietekt View Post
    For example Firefox and Thunderbird use Adwaita icons
    Aren't their icons controlled by the theme you're using? I don't use either--I use their grandfather, SeaMonkey--but its icons are totally dependent on the theme I've chosen.
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

That's pretty much the concept
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Thank you guys, thats what I was afraid of. So icons for applications from Mozilla suite are independent on system settings, they are completely controlled by the theme configured in the applications, right?

Comment

I think it's important to understand that first of all Linux is not monolithic. The pieces and parts work well together; but Mozilla, KDE, Ubuntu, and etc. are separate entities and will have different approaches to their UI. So they don't always look like each other.
          The next brick house on the left
          Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Originally posted by archietekt View Post
            Thank you guys, thats what I was afraid of. So icons for applications from Mozilla suite are independent on system settings, they are completely controlled by the theme configured in the applications, right?
            Yes, at least in SeaMonkey, which is the suite I use. Right now I'm trying a cool theme called Pinball. You're lucky! You're using FF and TB! They have a ton of themes available...unlike SM. Have you checked them out? Maybe you'll find one that suits you better than whatever you have right now: Firefox themes

Or, you could switch to SeaMonkey, which would give you both apps rolled into one. SM's mail client will read TB's mail without issue, *IF* I remember correctly.
            Last edited by DoYouKubuntu; Nov 20, 2020, 02:35 PM.
            Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
            X