Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Boot-up Process Stops Too Early.

Strange thing yesterday, when I fired up my 20.04 LTS system. The screen gave it's usual indications of life, but would not come up all the way. I can get to a tty and login and exit again. In fact, tty2 does not take me to the gui, tty7 does. I thought the tty7 was on old Linux systems. Anyway tty7 brought me back to this partial and locked screen:

Code:
    [ok] Started Dispatcher daemon for system-networkd.
    [ok] Finished Terminate Plymouth Boot Screen.
    [ok] Finished Set console scheme.
    [   9.861304] netdata[856]: 2020-10-05 06:19:03netdata INFO  :  MAIN  : SIGNAL: Not enabling reaper.
    That's where the system stops. I searched the forum for netdata[856], but found nothing. I also did a few web searches, but nothing presented itself as being helpful.

One other thing that isn't right, but might be related. When I df-h from a terminal, there are about 7 lines of Loopback cited. What is that about? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Unless there's something I can do from a tty terminal, I'll have to reinstall the system. Waiting for an answer -- please advise.
    "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People
Working...
X