Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does KDE store virtual desktop setup and global keyboard shortcuts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where does KDE store virtual desktop setup and global keyboard shortcuts?

Whenever I reinstall Linux (currently Kubuntu 20.04), one of the first things I need to do is set up virtual desktops and global keyboard shortcuts.

Does anyone know where these are stored? Are they in a configuration file somewhere that I could just copy over from my previous installation?

Thanks!

All your settings are stored in various files located in hidden files in your home dir, primarily ~/.config and ~/.local. Can't recall the specific files related to these components
    This goes for most all application settings as well. Firefox and a small number of things use their own hidden dirs under your home dir.

Backing up the home dir (or having on a separate partition) saves all this sort of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      All your settings are stored in various files located in hidden files in your home dir, primarily ~/.config and ~/.local. Can't recall the specific files related to these components
      This goes for most all application settings as well. Firefox and a small number of things use their own hidden dirs under your home dir.

Backing up the home dir (or having on a separate partition) saves all this sort of stuff.
      Thanks. Is it a good idea to copy over the entire home directory?

Comment

Originally posted by Spectrum View Post
        Thanks. Is it a good idea to copy over the entire home directory?
        Usually. Though one can pick and choose if they know what specific files are wanted.

Sent from my LG V60 using Tapatalk as if this actually matters p:

Comment

Working...
        X