This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DESKTOP] Desktop Freezes

Kubuntu 20.04 on 64 bit system; KDE Plasma version 5.18.5; KDE Frameworks version 5.68.0; Qt version 5.12.8

I am experiencing random Desktop freezes. Does not seem to be associated with any particular item. Cursor and keyboard become unresponsive. Only way out seems to be a reboot. Anyone else seen this, or have any suggestions as to how I might fix this?

Thanks for your time.

William
    Programmers, with their inbuilt sense of order and discipline should really be running the world.

On occasion, my wireless mouse freezes. I attribute that to the mouse being wireless, and perhaps with all the other wireless activity including cell phones, routers, tablets, PCs - something is bound to lose connection. And I believe that way, because every once in a while, the mouse simply stops being frozen. Or I turn the mouse off and on with it's on/off switch, or I open the mouse and rotate the battery, and it works. Quite frankly, I don't think a wireless mouse is all that great, and except for the mechanism just wearing out a wired mouse has never been an issue.

This may not help you, but I believe that wired input devices are far superior.

On the other hand, without having any hardware info for your system, it could be (and probably is) any one of a dozen or so other reasons.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Working...
    X