This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ksysguard bug reporting

tl;dr do I have to use KDE Neon to get plasma 5.19?

ksysguard has annoyingly incorrect legends for line graphs of disk throughput. The legend for "Read Data" is "Read Accesses" and vice versa, similarly for the write legends. One only sees the text if the window is wide enough. For example, for a line graphs of reads on /dev/sda the legend line might say
    Code:
    🔵 Read data device sda (8:0) : 27.123456 1/s   🔴  Read accesses device sda (8:0) : 44.123456 KiB/s
    Note the figures and the units are correct. There's no way to change these legends for line graphs. One can for bar graphs, but there's a bug that makes it not stick. The labels are not written to .sgrd files.

These sorts of things tend not to get fixed if they're not reported, so I set about trying to. But the latest plasma is 5.19, and even with the backports ppa on 20.04 I only get 5.18.4. (5.19 uses a later Qt than that in 20.04, so to get to 5.19 on 20.04 one would have to recompile the whole of KDE.)

Can I get plasma 5.19 on Kubuntu? Or, is it useful to file a bug against 5.18.4?
    Regards, John Little

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
    tl;dr do I have to use KDE Neon to get plasma 5.19?
    Yes. Or Kubuntu 20.10. Qt version restrictions in *buntu 20.04.

Might be worth checking out via live USB or virtual machine to see if there are any differences.

And definitely worth reporting IMO. I know Plasma 5.18 is LTS and does get bug fixes. I'd think that ksysguard might be a core component of the desktop that it might be possible to fix. Unless it is a Qt related thing.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by claydoh; Aug 13, 2020, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X