This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gnome-calendar setup

Have installed gnome-calendar, it looks very nice & simple but I am not able to enter a new event.
    Click on a day and I get a panel for new event, After adding some description of the event the 'Add' button is enabled but does nothing when clicked.
    The only setting I can see are for synchronise & weather.
    I think I need to set up the calendar somehow but don't see how.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Single click on a date > Press " Edit Details " > When finished, press " Done "

Hopefully this will work for you

Comment

Thanks for the info.
      Trouble is, when I do that nothing happens.

Comment

Are you able to see the " Edit Details " option ? Maybe you already know about Korganizer.

https://kde.org/applications/en/offi...kde.korganizer

It is a KDE app and comes with a calender option. Just in case you want a backup option.

Comment

Thanks Graham,
          Here is what it looks like,
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200728_145241.png
Views:	1
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	644851
          and,
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200728_145451.png
Views:	1
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	644852
          When text is entered the 'Add' button is enabled, clicking it does nothing and the New Event form remains open.
          The second text box brings up another small form entitled '"Calendar' with an empty text area.
          I have installed gnome-control-center but don't see anything there to help.
          Had a look at korganizer and got bogged down with setting up PIM stuff. The korganizer may be the way to go but it looks much more complicated than gnome-calendar.
          Thanks for the ideas

Comment

I think you will need Ubuntu under KDE to make Gnome Calendar work. That is the best guess I could make because it works fine for me. Since it is Gnome related, AskUbuntu might give you better answers.

Comment

Whatever happened to akonadi? Wasn't that KDE's calendar?

Comment

If you don't like korganizer, give minetime a try

https://minetime.ai/

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
                Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

After kicking the whole KDE PIM thing to the curb a long time ago, I just went with Thunderbird and the Lightning plug - a very nice calendar.
                  The next brick house on the left
                  Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490 View Post
                    After kicking the whole KDE PIM thing to the curb a long time ago, I just went with Thunderbird and the Lightning plug - a very nice calendar.
                    That's what I did, and the calendar communicates nicely with my Android phone
                    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I'm keeping an eye on Kube, but actually using https://github.com/notpushkin/Mailspring-Libre & minetime

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
                      Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

like the sound of this, I also had a bad experience with KDE PIM.
                        Thank you for your good advice

Comment

Working...
                        X