This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] KDE Connect URL and clipboard sharing not working

If I copy text in Kubuntu, I can paste it in my Android phone, but not vice versa.

I'm fairly certain I used to be able to do this in 18.04.

Anyone else experiencing this, or know how to fix it? I have already tried un-pairing the phone and desktop, then re-pairing them. No change.
    Gaming/HTPC: Kubuntu 23.10 | MSI B450 Gaming+ MAX Motherboard | AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT @ 3.8GHz (x12) CPU | RX6700XT 12GB GPU | 32 GB DDR4 RAM
    Laptop: Kubuntu 23.04.1 | 2012 MacBook Pro | i7 @ 2.9GHz (x4) CPU | 16 GB DDR3 RAM​

It is a known change in Android 10, where clipboard sharing was disabled. I'll assume you have that on your phone?
    Make sure you have the latest version of Kdeconnect on your phone, at least 1.14.2, where they figured out a workaround. It looks like it still may be only available by signing up for the beta version on the Play Store.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing....kdeconnect_tp

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      It is a known change in Android 10, where clipboard sharing was disabled. I'll assume you have that on your phone?
      Yes, my phone just recently "upgraded" to Android 10, but all I've noticed is that I have a system-wide dark theme now, and lots of bugs :/

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      Make sure you have the latest version of Kdeconnect on your phone, at least 1.14.2, where they figured out a workaround. It looks like it still may be only available by signing up for the beta version on the Play Store.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing....kdeconnect_tp
      I see it now. You have to open the KDE Connect Android notification, and choose "Send Clipboard" or "Send Files." Dangit, Google.

Thank you for your help.
      Gaming/HTPC: Kubuntu 23.10 | MSI B450 Gaming+ MAX Motherboard | AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT @ 3.8GHz (x12) CPU | RX6700XT 12GB GPU | 32 GB DDR4 RAM
      Laptop: Kubuntu 23.04.1 | 2012 MacBook Pro | i7 @ 2.9GHz (x4) CPU | 16 GB DDR3 RAM​

Comment

Working...
      X