This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox thinks Chrome is my default PDF viewer

I have an odd issue. My Firefox thinks Google Chrome is the default PDF viewer, as shown in the screenshot below:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	4sfWJLA.png
Views:	1
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	649625

Of course I changed that particular setting to use Okular. While that works for cases where a dialog appears asking me how to open the pdf file, it does not work when clicking on the PDF file in the screenshot below:

Name:	b6w8La1.png
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	649626

It automatically opens Chrome for that. Is there any way I can change that? AFAICT my KDE default PDF viewer is set to Okular. This is specific to Firefox so I am guessing it could be related to some GTK default application setting.

The current version should have a built-in PDF viewer which can be selected under Action using the Portable Document Type (PDF) Content Type.

That is the only choice I have in Applications.

Comment

Did you set Systemsettings --> Applications --> File associations, and move Okular to the top spot ?

Name:	pdf_setting.jpg
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	644682
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltS48 View Post
        The current version should have a built-in PDF viewer which can be selected under Action using the Portable Document Type (PDF) Content Type.
        Where I can set 'Preview in Firefox', I already do. Here's what I see:

Name:	lcYjjjF.png
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	644688
        For the bottom two entries, there is no 'Preview in Firefox' option. I don't know what the difference between the three is.

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
        Did you set Systemsettings --> Applications --> File associations, and move Okular to the top spot ?
        Yes. Here's what I have:

Name:	QQ2vjaH.png
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	644689

Comment

Originally posted by kayvee View Post
          Where I can set 'Preview in Firefox', I already do. Here's what I see:
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]8806[/ATTACH]
          For the bottom two entries, there is no 'Preview in Firefox' option. I don't know what the difference between the three is.
          It is already showing "Preview in Firefox" for the "Portable Document Format(PDF)" Content Type in the screenshot, right above the two you have outlined set to use "okular".

It is the only option I have. Don't know how your Firefox gets the other two content types.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltS48 View Post
            It is already showing "Preview in Firefox" for the "Portable Document Format(PDF)" Content Type in the screenshot, right above the two you have outlined set to use "okular".

It is the only option I have. Don't know how your Firefox gets the other two content types.
            I do not have the entry titled "PDF File". How'd that appear in yours. In "about:config" I have pdf set as a boolean. There are several other pdfjs entries but no other pdf entry.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

OP, in a konsole, if I run this:
              Code:
              $ xdg-mime query default application/pdf
              okularApplication_pdf.desktop
              What do you get?
              Regards, John Little

Comment

Old dog, new trick.
                For comparison:
                $ xdg-mime query default application/pdf
                org.kde.okular.desktop

Comment

Working...
                X