Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Krita GUI is American English despite of Plasma's regional settings

Unfortunately I could not change the GUI of Krita to German, this is what I did so far:

I made a fresh full install of Kubuntu 20.04 on my desktop computer chosing German as main language, in Plasma's system settings -> regional settings everything is set to German.

Krita 4.2.9 was installed by using sudo apt install krita from Konsole.
    Despite system settings Krita's GUI is still American English and it is not possible to change this within Krita

The following language packs are installed in Kubuntu (additionally installing the Gnome language packs solved the localisation issue with GIMP - thank you Valdo - but not with Krita…):

language-pack-de/focal,focal,now 1:20.04+20200416 all [installiert]
    language-pack-de-base/focal,focal,now 1:20.04+20200416 all [Installiert,automatisch]
    language-pack-en/focal,focal,now 1:20.04+20200416 all [installiert]
    language-pack-en-base/focal,focal,now 1:20.04+20200416 all [installiert]
    language-pack-gnome-de/focal,focal,now 1:20.04+20200416 all [installiert]
    language-pack-gnome-de-base/focal,focal,now 1:20.04+20200416 all [Installiert,automatisch]
    language-pack-kde-de/focal,focal,now 1:19.10.0ubuntu1 all [installiert]
    language-pack-kde-en/focal,focal,now 1:19.10.0ubuntu1 all [installiert]

Using apt search krita I discovered that there was an uninstalled krita-l10n ("translations for Krita painting program"), that hasn't been installed automatically and which I additionally installed using sudo apt install krita-l10n.

And voilà: now I can switch the GUI of Krita to any language I want - even British English! :-)

I hope this helps anyone with a similar issue!

PS: Whatever I do, Krita still crashes on quit every time (same behavior with Kubuntu 20.04 running within VirtualBox on my laptop), this did't change with the language - I hope one of the developers will and can address this problem and is reached by Dr. Konqi's bug reports…
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; May 02, 2020, 07:06 AM. Reason: typos, as usual
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap scriptreinstall Snap for release-upgrade scriptinstall traditional Firefox script

You're right. I have just installed Krita and it crashed telling me that it was closed unexpectedly. =_=
    By the way, it never added any entry to the applications menu...
    Multibooting: Kubuntu Jammy 22.04
    Before: Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
    Win / & 10 sadly
    Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

An entry for Krita was added automatically to the menu here after installation…

Has to be an unrelated issue concerning your setup especially, I think.
      Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
      Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap scriptreinstall Snap for release-upgrade scriptinstall traditional Firefox script

Comment

Working...
      X