This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] BUG Dolphin does not show an image width nor height

Whenever I pick stuff like file size in the Show Additional Information section on Dolphin it gets displayed but that is not the case if you pick specific data like width and height. Here you can take a look at my screen.

Multibooting: Kubuntu Focal Fossa 20.04
    Before: Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
    Win 10 sadly
    Using Linux since June, 2008

Do you see dimensions with F11?
    Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Do you have baloo running? This is, system settings, search, enable file search?

I think dolphin is using baloo to get this info, but it is very buggy. When I let baloo run, .png files show the width and height as they should, but not .jpg files; and that info disappeared from the information panel. I disabled baloo and deleted the index, and the .png width and height disappeared from the listing, even though space was reserved, but it came back to the information panel.

IMO baloo is a POS. When I let it run it produced a 0.5 GB index, on 5 GB of files that are mostly music and photos. By design I'm not allowed to know why, or to have any influence on what it does, or work out what's going wrong with its use by dolphin.

I suggest turning on the information panel. [edit] as chimak111's reply suggests, you can turn it on with f11.
      Regards, John Little

Comment

I have just tested keyonides' report with Dolphin in Kubuntu 18.04.4 and openSUSE 1.51:
        same behavior as in Kubuntu 20.04 concerning additional image information.

I have disabled baloo in all three systems - so it could indeed be the information provided by baloo that is missing - or another (totally wild) guess: these values have to be provided by the meta-data of the image itself somehow (I have no such images, so I could not test it myself…).

F11 does work fine in Dolphin with all three systems.
        Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; May 02, 2020, 04:42 AM. Reason: typos, as usual
        Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
        Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap scriptreinstall Snap for release-upgrade scriptinstall traditional Firefox script

Comment

F11 works fine no matter what the file extension might ever be. I disabled file search in System Settings but the weird empty space remains there as long as I keep width, height and other options selected. I haven't rebooted my Kubby.
          Multibooting: Kubuntu Focal Fossa 20.04
          Before: Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
          Win 10 sadly
          Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Working...
          X