X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONFIGURATION] Locations

Hello

When I went to change the locations for, Documents Path and Pictures Path.

In the previous 18.04, you could click on Open File Dialog then to the location you want click on it and then click OK. (See Attachment 1)

In 20.04 it does not seem to work like previous version, after you clock on Open File Dialog you get the next Screen where you can navigate to where you want the folder to be. But when this happens you get the NAME & FILTER options (See Attachment 2). You then click on OK but the selection is not made like in 18.04 (See Attachment 1) it lists the full location of your selection.

The one way in 20.04 is to manual type in the location

Mark
    Attached Files

I don't really understand what you mean. Where are you clicking the "Open File Dialog"? In what program? Dolphin doesn't have that.

If you drag folders from secondary drives/locations to the "Places" list in Dolphin, and then you choose File > Open... in a program that supports Dolphin as its file browser (such as LibreOffice Writer), any changes you've made to the Places list will be persistent, and show up in Writer's file browser.

Apps like Firefox come with their own file browser, so when you click File > Open File... it opens up its own file manager window. If it's possible to make Firefox use Dolphin for opening/saving files, I want to know how to do that as well!
    Gaming/HTPC: Kubuntu 23.10 | MSI B450 Gaming+ MAX Motherboard | AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT @ 3.8GHz (x12) CPU | RX6700XT 12GB GPU | 32 GB DDR4 RAM
    Laptop: Kubuntu 23.04.1 | 2012 MacBook Pro | i7 @ 2.9GHz (x4) CPU | 16 GB DDR3 RAM​

Comment

It is under System Settings - Applications - Locations

Comment

Working...
      X