This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the upgrade to 22.04.1 optional?

Just today I got a message that I can upgrade to Kubuntu 22.04.1. But is this optional? Can ignore this upgrade?

Originally posted by SuperSapien64 View Post
    Just today I got a message that I can upgrade to Kubuntu 22.04.1. But is this optional? Can ignore this upgrade?
    Sure, if you want.
    You can disable the prompt via the Software Sources tool, in Discover's Settings section.

Odd, though. This is 4 months late. Maybe Kubuntu held this off? The "point-one" release of the LTS iso image is traditionally when Ubuntu turns on upgrade notifications for the previous LTS. This was last August.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post

Sure, if you want.
      You can disable the prompt via the Software Sources tool, in Discover's Settings section.

Odd, though. This is 4 months late. Maybe Kubuntu held this off? The "point-one" release of the LTS iso image is traditionally when Ubuntu turns on upgrade notifications for the previous LTS. This was last August.
      Which software source do I uncheck?

Comment

There is an upgrade notification setting somewhere in there, can't recall which pane. Lemme see if I can quickly find an image....

Click image for larger version

Name:	1zwv43brhsz41.png?width=836&format=png&auto=webp&s=d88d44bd3a637e171e02a6f49273884fc83f1d75.png
Views:	239
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	667016
        Just change the "Release Upgrade" option to "never" .
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
          There is an upgrade notification setting somewhere in there, can't recall which pane. Lemme see if I can quickly find an image....

Click image for larger version

Name:	1zwv43brhsz41.png?width=836&format=png&auto=webp&s=d88d44bd3a637e171e02a6f49273884fc83f1d75.png
Views:	239
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	667016
          Just change the "Release Upgrade" option to "never" .
          I don't see that I see Firmware Updates and Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Default.

Also will this upgrade happen in the background like software updates do?

Comment

You need to click on the Software Sources button in that section, it should be on the right side, across from the 'Ubuntu 20.04 LTS" and should be near the ' Default' button
            Sorry, i am not near my computers atm to pull an appropriate image. lemme see if i have a screenshot somewhere in the forum.....

Comment

I did have one here

Originally posted by SuperSapien64 View Post
              Also will this upgrade happen in the background like software updates do?
              No, not really in the background. There will be some user interactions required via a GUI window, but overall it is fairly similar to a software update, only much bigger

Comment

Thanks claydoh that fixed it no more nags about upgrading to Kubuntu 22.04.1.

Comment

Where can be found more information about update? I do not like ideas like snap/flatpack. I got also this:
                  https://i.imgur.com/31Ay1sY.png

When I try to install 22.04 on my system it was disaster. I think installer or too old laptop is problem. I am playing with Manjaro KDE and Linux Mint now. Thinking what will I do...
                  Last edited by asistemi; Dec 15, 2022, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by asistemi View Post
                    Where can be found more information about update. I do not like ideas like snap/flatpack. I got also this:
                    https://i.imgur.com/31Ay1sY.png […]
                    See post #4

If only snaps keep you from upgrading, see https://www.kubuntuforums.net/forum/...-without-snapd, e.g.
                    Personally I prefer installing Firefox from Mozilla binaries (see: https://wiki.debian.org/Firefox#From_Mozilla_binaries) - other distributions like KDEneon use the PPA method.

I have had no problerms at all on any Ubuntu spin with the two methods mentioned above since April '22.

Flatpaks are not enabled by default in Kubuntu 22.04.
                    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
                    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
                    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Working...
                    X