Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opera This video file cannot be played. (Error Code: 224003)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opera This video file cannot be played. (Error Code: 224003)

This error I have when I want to play video on imdb.com (in firefox it works). I do not have problems with youtube videos.

Per:
    https://appuals.com/video-file-canno...r-code-224003/
    Try Another Browser
    A website may show the error code 224003 when streaming a video if the browser in use is not compatible with the website and due to this incompatibility, the website fails to access the essential video codecs on the user’s system. In such a case, trying another browser to stream the video from the problematic website may resolve the issue.
    1. Download and install another browser on the system (if already not installed). If the issue is occurring with a Chromium-based browser like (Chrome or Edge), then use a non-Chromium browser (like Firefox) or vice versa.
    2. Now launch the newly installed browser and check if it can play the problematic video on the website.
    There's a whole lot of other suggestions to try on that site (like enabling history, clearing cache, disabling hardware rendering in browser) but doesn't sound like any of them will work in my opinion. It sounds like typical generic troubleshooting steps that are thrown at users anytime there is not magic solution.
    The error code is generic and almost anytime a video can't be played for any reason will be displayed to the user. It means nothing other than the video cannot be played. Id say if you find a solution, great. If not, use firefox for that site and opera for anything else if that is your preference. Not every site and video works the same across all browsers, it is just the nature of the beast.

Comment

Yeah, one of thing why people use more Windows. I do not remember I saw this problem in any browsers in Windows.
      I am using Opera when Firefox start to suck on lower CPUs. My second browser is Brave. I use Brave only for Slack and Brave Talk.
      Firefox pop ups when some program trigger url jaja.
      Some videos also Opera doesnt display. Is Kubuntu 22.04 better in this? I couldn't install 22.04 on this laptop. Too bad.
      Last edited by asistemi; Jun 28, 2022, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Have you tried Brave to watch the videos on IMDB? Brave is also Chromium-based like Opera and in theory websites should look and work the same in both. If Brave works I would go the easy way, blame Opera, hope that the Opera team will fix this and use another Chromium-based browser in the meantime (there are plenty…)
        Probably not the solution you hoped for, OK…

Did you try watching the videos with Opera on IMDB with another, newly created user on your system to exclude something within your $HOME-folder to be the cause?

Originally posted by rab0171610 View Post
        […] Not every site and video works the same across all browsers, it is just the nature of the beast.
        This has been true for 25 years and will probably be true for the next 100. ;-) And there are even slight differences sometimes if you use the same browser in the same version on another platform (Linux, Windows, macOS, …). Because of this it is always a good idea to have a backup browser (as you have).
        Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
        Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap scriptreinstall Snap for release-upgrade scriptinstall traditional Firefox script

Comment

Brave works on IMDB for now

Comment

Working...
          X