X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

psutil not installed error

Hello

When I run Bleachbit and try and clean the system this error appears :

Whenever I select free disk space in the system category and try to clean the system, the error shows up "to get the file system type from the given path, you need yo install psutil package".

How would I go about installing psutil

regards

Mark

I’d assume sudo apt install psutil
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

(That was tricky, as Kubuntu has an unrelated package "psutils" for handling postscript files.)

I think the Ubuntu package you want is "python3-psutil", because Bleachbit is very Python 3. You can use Muon (on the system menu) or Synaptic to install it, or sudo apt install python3-psutil. I suppose there's a way using the Python package installer pip too, maybe pip install psutil if pip and Python are more your thing.
      Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
        (That was tricky, as Kubuntu has an unrelated package "psutils" for handling postscript files.)

I think the Ubuntu package you want is "python3-psutil", because Bleachbit is very Python 3. You can use Muon (on the system menu) or Synaptic to install it, or sudo apt install python3-psutil. I suppose there's a way using the Python package installer pip too, maybe pip install psutil if pip and Python are more your thing.
        Thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X