X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Libreoffice Writer Prints Blank Pages

Help
    .Libreoffice writer 7.3.2 Kubuntu 20.04 prints blank pages. I can export to PDF and print the pdf file
    It started when I went verision 7

https://ask.libreoffice.org/t/why-is...ging-data/2645
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I did a complete new install of libreoffice and now it still prints only 1 blank page even if the doc contains 2 and 3 pages. no problem with version 6 it started with an upgrade to version 7

Comment

If you want to run an old version of LibreOffice, downloading and running an AppImage is very easy. See the links on https://www.libreoffice.org/download/appimage/. (After downloading it, use dolphin, right-click, properties, permissions tab, click "Is executable".) An AppImage version doesn't interfere with other LibreOffice installations.

You say "I did a complete new install of libreoffice"; did you purge LO first? Otherwise, the "new install" might pick up some settings from the old.

You might check if the blank page problem occurs for another user on your Kubuntu. If it doesn't, there's something in you home directory, maybe in a hidden directory, that needs to go.
        Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
          did you purge LO first? Otherwise, the "new install" might pick up some settings from the old.
          Purging would not remove any user settings here, which are buried in ~/.config/libreoffice/4/user/
          It is interesting that Ubuntu upgraded Libreoffice in LTS to 7.1.x somewhat recently. I was seeing issues here and there with 7.x from the Still PPA in 20.04 some months back, and wanted to revert back to 6.x. and discovered the upgrade.

I'd suggest either going the appimage route as mentioned by jlittle which is easier, and you can compare different versions.

Or, you can try reverting from the "Libreoffice Fresh" PPA, which has the latest but more bug-prone releases (a release candidate currently), to either the more stable "LO Still" PPA, or back to 'stock' 7.1.x.
          Last edited by claydoh; Apr 02, 2022, 07:51 AM.

Comment

I was using verison 6 and did an upgrade, the new upgrade was based 7 and wouldn't print so I installed ppa for 7.3.2.2 after doing a complete purge

on Apr 4
            I went back to 6.4.7.2 from a back up clone disk from 3 weeks ago and I still have the same trouble but on the other computer running 6.4.7.2 it works fine

I use clonezillia to make a clone my disk every 2-3 weeks
            Last edited by GilGib; Apr 04, 2022, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X