Updated FF fails to download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated FF fails to download

20.04 LTS just updated Firefox to 98.0 March 8, 2022 from Discover and I wasn't able to download files from the IRS. I tried a couple of other sites and same thing. Fixed it by refreshing firefox, which wiped out my addons and changed my settings to the default. Not sure if the issue is with FF or me.

I had similar problems. I put "about:profiles" in the URL and deleted the "default" profile that id stored in

/home/jerry/.mozilla/firefox/e1op665f.default

When I deleted it FF was cleared of everything; bookmarks, logins and passwords, add-ons and extensions were cleared.

Since I was never able to get my Hurricane IPv6 tunnel working through my ISP's cable modem firewall (and they couldn't either), I installed the miredo tunnel from the repository. I couldn't get FF to see the IPv6 as default using either the /etc/gai.conf settings or with "filter-aaaa-on-v4=false" in about:configs, so every day when I open FF for the first time I delete the profile in the cache

/home/jerry/.cache/mozilla/firefox/e1op665f.default

and immediately close the browser. When I open it back up and click on ipv6-test.com it shows that IPv6 is the default and the fallback is to IPv4 in one second. The browser will keep that setting until I logout or shut down. Then I have to repeat the steps.

I kept a copy of the good .cache profile and compared it with a cache profile that didn't work. Kdiff3 found 4,300 differences and I quickly gave up trying to find one that I could "freeze", or something, and not have to do the song and dance every day.

BTW, I tried LibreWolf, a FF clone, but I could never get it to prefer IPv6 over IPv4.
    Last edited by Snowhog; Mar 12, 2022, 12:15 AM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
    X