This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Changing Mouse Cursor

I have two machines running 20.04. On the older one, I have installed the reglass theme, which I really like. I don't know how to get it on the newer machine, and I cannot find it online any more. I have copied all the redglass files from the older machine and inserted them in the same places in the new machine, but the theme still doesn't show up. (I also downloaded redglass.cur, but that's in a format for Windows rather than X11 format, and I cannot decipher the instructions for win2xcur from github). There's probably an easy way to do this, but on the old machine I was able to find redglass online and there was a link to install it. I don't have that now.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Don; Jan 29, 2022, 06:41 PM.

"Older Theme". That (almost) implies that it isn't compatible with "newer kernels/OS versions". That you can't find it anymore supports that idea.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I shall take your advice and give up. Surrender's one of my best things.

Comment

If you install `xcursor-themes`, you'll get redglass. See https://packages.ubuntu.com/focal/al...emes/filelist:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220130-063648.png Views:	0 Size:	45.6 KB ID:	660291

This is on Kubuntu 20.04.

Operating System: Kubuntu 20.04
        KDE Plasma Version: 5.18.5
        KDE Frameworks Version: 5.68.0
        Qt Version: 5.12.8
        Kernel Version: 5.4.0-96-generic
        OS Type: 64-bit
        Processors: 8 × Intel® Core™ i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz
        Memory: 7.6 GiB of RAM

The same cursor theme is available and works with kernel 5.15 (on another machine).
        Last edited by chimak111; Jan 29, 2022, 07:56 PM.
        Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

That's great news. Thank you so much!

Comment

Glad to be able to help!
            Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
            X