This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android Emulator

I'm looking for an Android emulator to run. Anbox gets a lot of good reviews, but I can't seem to get it working. It requires special modules, installed by this command:
    sudo apt install linux-headers-generic anbox-modules-dkms, but running it produces error messages:

E: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/morphis/anbox-support/ubuntu focal Release' does not have a R
    elease file.
    N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
    N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

So I'm stuck on what to do next. I'm by no means wedded to Anbox; any working Android emulator should be all right.

Many thanks.

That PPA doesn't have any files for Focal 20.04, as it hasn't been updated by it's creator since 2018.
    And anyway, the kernel modules that this PPA provides are not needed for Anbox in 20.04, so you don't need to add this, as per their docs.
    Assuming that you are following Anbox's own docs, though they are a little outdated, they are still accurate in that anything newer than 18.04, and kernels above 5.0, don't need the PPA or otherwise installing extra modules.

So, simpler instructions can be found here:
    https://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php...d-apps-ubuntu/
    Last edited by claydoh; Dec 18, 2021, 06:05 PM. Reason: anyway, anyway, and anyway.

Comment

Thanks, claydoh. I think you're about to be a lifesaver. SecureBoot is disabled on my system. I'll do some research to find out how to enable it. I'm grateful to you for getting back to me so quickly.

Comment

That first step is only needed *if* you are using secure boot. You can skip it if you are not using it,

Comment

Working...
        X