This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] Kubuntu 20.04 LTS

I don't normally post my thoughts, but, upon installing Kubuntu 20.04 LTS on my HP Laptop, I am very impressed with how stable and friendly the OS is. I can change pretty much anything I wish and know that I am safe from nasties, along with my VPN. I would like to say thank you to everyone involved in the programming and building of this wonderful operating system, Well Done !!!

Welcome aboard, @fulfora!

You may be amazed at how much you can do to make your computer your computer, from customizing its look and feel, to how it performs specific functions, there's a lot to tweak!
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Ditto to what DoYouKubuntu says.
      I've been using qemu/kvm to play with several of the latest highly acclaimed distros just to see if I have been missing out on anything. Pop!_os 20.10, ElementaryOS 5.1, OpenSUSE Tumbleweed, NEON user 201015, deepin-desktop-commuinity-1002, and that's just since Sept 24th. With only the exception of NEON, none of the others offered me the beauty and power of the Plasma 5 desktop and its left-mouse context sensitive offerings, ignoring the fact that Plasma 5 is very logically laid out and easy to configure and modify. I can make Kubuntu look like any OS, and when I was working I made it look & feel like the Windows version I was using at the time so that I wouldn't experience a mental dissonance when I switched back and forth. With all that configuration flexibility I've chosen to run Kubuntu in its vanilla mode which, IMO, is more powerful than any other DE.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X