This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My personal opinion about Kubuntu 20.04.1, it is excellent indeed

I just wanna leave a quick personal opinion about Kubuntu 20.04.1 after being using it for about 5 days or so, which is: wow!!!

Really, I'm amazed, it's not only beautiful, practical and stable but... it is also amazingly fast and extremely low on resources!
    I always make a minimum install and also remove some more stuff and then add all my personal stuff and junk including my scripts, starting apps and panel widgets. And when I boot Kubuntu 20.04.1, open Konsole and type "free" and check that the ram in use on boot is always below 500mb, I'm almost chocked on how that can be possible!

No kidding here, right now KDE (and Kubuntu) is lighter and faster on my old 4GB core duo laptop than Xfce.

Negatives I've got only a couple:

1st- The fact that the grub is set to stop 32 bits operating systems from booting, which is something really bad and affects me. But thankfully I've found a way to workaround it by replacing one single file https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post439774

2nd- the wifi issues on my laptop are by the dozen. I've already made it much better but still sometimes the connection just loses the IP.
    Nevertheless is much better now, out of the box the wifi connection literally drops every minute on my laptop.
    I'm just about done collecting data in logs and will soon open a thread to ask for assistance on this one.

Overall, everyone in Kubuntu and KDE team be very proud of yourselves and your work! You've done something amazing that keeps on getting better and better (and lighter!!!) after each release! Congratulations!
Working...
X