Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've gone old school and use an actual spiral bound notebook and my p***-poor handwriting.
    I like hand-written notes and notebooks, too, and have a fair amount of them, stashed everywhere. But often with this PC stuff, it gets to be a PITA, like this typical spec on a 2015 build:
    ASUS ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150 Motherboards H97-PLUS

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-DDR3-2600.../dp/B00K2R6C9Y
    Numbers:
    S/N.: ECM0AJ068238; Revision: 2.01; Part No.:90MB0IN0-M0AAY5; came with BIOS 2306 (located as last 4 digits of the thin white bar code strip at top right of MB when viewed with I/O ports to the left)
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Thankfully, the only PITAs I've had have been a couple of MBs that make UEFI setup a bit more difficult than it should be, but I've managed.
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

jglen, actually, The "PITA" I was referring to is trying to hand-write (as opposed to typing/word-processing) a note like I quoted, a technical MB spec. That ASUS motherboard has one of the best UEFI interfaces on the market!
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490 View Post
          I've gone old school and use an actual spiral bound notebook and my p***-poor handwriting. I've lost too many computer-based files over the years
          For the last several years I've kept my login names and passwords on some 8x11 papers, stabled together and hand written on the front and back of each page. Those pages started out as a txt document but after I printed it out the first time I began making changes on the pages and not in the txt file. When ever I change or add a tuple I tell myself that I'll remember that combo. I rarely do. The problem is that I now can't read some of my names or passwords. It's a real mess, but I'm too lazy to use a password manager. In all of that mess there are only a few names and passwords that are significant: my Acer login, wifi, bank, Kubuntuforums, electric, Internet, health insurance, car insurance, property insurance, hospital, doctor and medicare. 12 of them..
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
            jglen, actually, The "PITA" I was referring to is trying to hand-write (as opposed to typing/word-processing) a note like I quoted, a technical MB spec. That ASUS motherboard has one of the best UEFI interfaces on the market!
            That's what speed reading gets me these days. oops!

My handwriting is getting worse. Can't speed write, either. Becomes crypto!
            The next brick house on the left
            Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Working...
            X