This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return to Focal

Last night after doing my normal backup procedure, and while watching the Super Bowl, I did a clean install of 20.04.2 on my HP laptop. It went quickly and nearly flawlessly. Exceptf for the one flaw, I would have been done completely before halftime, including adding back any non-standard applications.

The one problem was that Thunderbird went back to v68 and did not want to just convert, Had o setup my account all over again and then copy the mailboxes from the previous profile into the new version 68 profile. Just happy to be back on the LTS train. Not that 20.10 was at all bad, because it wasn't bad. The LTS formula means having a stable Kubuntu for a couple more years rather than bouncing around on interim releases, and at the same time having the 5.8.0 kernel.

Anyway, it's all Kubuntu, all the time!
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

I've had a couple of beers so can't remember exactly where I found how to do it, but I went back to TB 68 from 78 without much effort on KDE Neon from a PPA. There were just a couple files that needed editing if I remember!
    Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

The actual setup and copying the mailboxes to the new profile directory wasn't bad. It was trying to figure out the AT&T instructions for getting the email client to connect.

Once I got that sorted out the rest was actually simple. It just took up time, and I was watching the Super Bowl, also. Just a bit distracted

All is good, all is working, and LTS is great!
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

I have LTS running on an ancient (2010) Mac Mini and my old Thinkpad. I like the minimal install option so I can just put on what I need for each machine. The Mac is a media player and the Thinkpad is a tinkerer!
        Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

Interesting thread
          woodsmoke
          sigpic
          Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
          X