Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I installed the latest stable version of seamonkey (2.53.5.1) and visited the sites you mentioned. At the JPL I did the virutal tour thing and seamonkey worked great. So does Waterfox and Dissenter (Brave).

I'm running an NVidia GT 650M with nvidia-390 as the display driver and it works great on this 9 year old Acer G3-771 laptop.

I didn't catch what your display driver is, but I'm beginning to think your problem may be an odd nook&cranny edge case for it.
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Jan 16, 2021, 02:26 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

You're using the same SM version I am, GG; thanks for testing the sites I noted. The JPL site was functioning fine in SM...during the few moments before my laptop froze.

The same sites in Firefox caused no problems.

I'm too timid right now to try them again in SM, although I guess I really should, right? That would be a great way to confirm...something.

Here are the specs for my System76 17.3" Gazelle. According to it, I have: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 or 1660 Ti

Looking in Settings | System Settings | Hardware | Driver Manager, I see that I'm "Using NVIDIA driver metapackage from nvidia-driver-450 (proprietary)"

I vaguely remember something to do with System76's drivers--and catastrophe--from early on, when I was having problems with this [new] laptop, but I don't recall the details now.

Given what we know, i.e., that the laptop was running fine for nine days with none of the 'random' lockups, and then I opened those three URLs in SM and the computer froze almost immediately, what can we deduce?

SeaMonkey is current. There's nothing in it, that I know of, that should be changed. Since GG's laptop didn't freeze when he ran those three URLs in the same version of SM, what? Is it a driver issue?
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
      X