Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONFIGURATION] Enlarge Dolphin's image previews?

I've scoured Dolphin's settings and don't see a way to do this, so I thought I'd ask. I know I could look it up, but if someone here happens to know the answer offhand, that would be great, without all the extraneous stuff a search would turn up. Can Dolphin's previews be enlarged?

If you look at this sample:

Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_Dolphin_preview.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	649688

you'll see that the preview of the image is very small relative to, and located in the top left corner of, the overall preview. There's a ton of real estate available! So enlarging the image preview and/or the overall preview certainly is feasible. But is it doable? As it is, the previews are so small [and my old eyes so bad ] that I have to actually open the image to be able to get a good look at it. I'd love to have nice, big previews.

Looking at my ~/.config/dolphinrc, I see entries like the following:

Code:
    [SettingsDialog]
    Height 1080=585
    Width 1920=770

[ViewPropertiesDialog]
    Height 1080=365
    Width 1920=500
    but I'm not sure which, if any, applies to the image preview, and I don't know what's meant by the X=Y format, e.g., 1080=585. Five college math courses didn't teach me that!

Does anyone know how to do this?
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Is that the standard properties dialog for Dolphin? Maybe it's a kio-slave or something from Gwenview or Digikam?

Comment

It's whatever is available from Dolphin's settings, @Fred47.
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

This is what mine looks like.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201205_093236.png
Views:	1
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	644972

Comment

You've right-clicked on yours [and chose 'properties'], right? I'm just hovering over mine.

Comment

Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu View Post
            You've right-clicked on yours [and chose 'properties'], right? I'm just hovering over mine.
            Yes right-click, hovering doesn't do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred47 View Post
              Yes right-click, hovering doesn't do anything.
              You need to enable tooltips in Dolphin's settings for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred47 View Post
                hovering doesn't do anything.
                HUH?! Do you want it to? There's a setting for that! Either in Dolphin or System Settings. In the latter, go to System Settings | Workspace Behavior | General Behavior and the first thing you see should be "Display informational tooltips on mouse hover." Make sure that's checked. If it already is, then this could be controlled by something in your choices for appearance, like theme or application style. I use QtCurve and its settings are IMMENSE. But start with the obvious first.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                  You need to enable tooltips in Dolphin's settings for that.
                  Oh yea, I turned that off. More info that I rarely need.

Comment

Working...
                  X