This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Can't get the look I want for SeaMonkey

I'm nothing if not consistent! I posted a similar request after installing 19.10 on my old laptop, and never did end up with exactly what I wanted. Now here I sit with the same issue.

This is how I want SeaMonkey to look, both in terms of its title bar and scroll-bars; these shots were taken on a 14.04 laptop:

Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_SeaMonkey_old_pretty_110220.png
Views:	1
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	649678 --------------------- Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_SeaMonkey_good_scrollbar_from_1404_2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	649680

Now, after >a week of installing/trying/tweaking/adding/importing/modifying display settings on my new laptop, here's what I have [this minute]::

Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_SeaMonkey_ugly_cropped_110220.png
Views:	1
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	649679

As noted in that other thread, my tried-and-true method of getting back my pretty scroll-bars on SeaMonkey no longer works. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I've tried countless GTK2 and GTK3 themes, and the best I had [at one moment] was colored scroll-bars on SM, but not the beautiful ones I used to have. I know this is a 'first world problem' but I like things the way I like them, you know?
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

No ideas?

I really loved the way I had things looking prior to 19.10. I'd like to replicate that as much as possible, but I'm coming up blank. I'll bet I've tried a million combinations! [Okay, that's a tiny exaggeration. ] But still no luck.
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

If Sea Monkey will run old or new Firefox plugins, there were and are good ones just to colour the scroll bars.

(With Windows 10 the situation is truly dire as the scrollbars are light grey with a slightly lighter grey thumb, and one has to use an ugly high-visibility theme if you want to change that. So there's a lot of plugins to help.)
      Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu View Post
        No ideas?

probably not, as hardly anyone uses it . Heck I'd almost venture that the number of active members here who use it is not much higher than.......1 unfortunately

Comment

That's a shame. I've stuck with it--and its highly-customized tweaks--for decades. Each tab has its own color, I rely on 'Back to Top'--an old extension that I modified to continue working with new versions of SM--and more. All of my mail, since the 1990s, has been sent and received with SM; I can go to an old archive from 10, 20 years ago and pull in messages without issue. I'll use SM until one of us dies!

Comment

I know you know, expecting anything to remain 'as is' for any length of time, is just wishful thinking. Everything changes.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yeah, I know. Change is inevitable. But, as noted, I'll stick with SM until one of us dies!

And I'll probably keep trying to make it look the way I want that long, too!

ETA: I'm marking this solved, although it really isn't. But it looks like what I want can't be done any more...which seems really weird to me. Nice features aren't usually taken away in new versions.
              Last edited by DoYouKubuntu; Dec 01, 2020, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X