This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LAPTOP] No sound after install

I'm having issues with no sound in my MSI GE Raider 17 inch Nvidia RTX 2060 intel core i7 10th gen Before I get the spammed with try this and that. Let me say that I do get sound through my headphones. I just want sound out of my speakers. I've do 3 install already and nothing. I've also tried alsa thing and nothing. What is going on and why is this so hard fix? Any help would be great. please I want sound.

Click on the Speaker icon in the task manager. Is the volume turned up? Is Play all audio thru this device on? Unplug your headphones, now does sound come from the speakers? Don't forget to look in the Audio section of System Settings. Lastly are your speakers turned on?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred47 View Post
      Click on the Speaker icon in the task manager. Is the volume turned up? Is Play all audio thru this device on? Unplug your headphones, now does sound come from the speakers? Don't forget to look in the Audio section of System Settings. Lastly are your speakers turned on?
      what do you mean if my speakers are on? its a laptop. again only headphones sound works

Comment

Did you install 20.04, or 20.04.1?

Do you have Pulse Audio Volume control?

Have you looked in Settings -> System Settings - > Audio?
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490 View Post
          Did you install 20.04, or 20.04.1?

Do you have Pulse Audio Volume control?

Have you looked in Settings -> System Settings - > Audio?
          No can't find Pulse Audio. Im running 20.04.1

Comment

WHat do you see here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201012_1547.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	644885

and here

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201012_1547-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	644886
            You will likely see many different options than I have here.

Another thing to check is the command-line tool alsamixer. It has a basic gui to view different components and see if maybe one is muted, or similar.
            Last edited by claydoh; Oct 12, 2020, 01:52 PM.

Comment

I checked and I only have the headphones options. This isnt solving my problem

Comment

I give up this is compelete trash. If i can't get basic audio out of my laptop speakers then what I'm doing? Sorry after a full day of looking up solutions to fix sound to my speakers. I mean really? I'm going back to windows. at lease I can get sound out of my speakers. this is stupid.

Comment

'bye.

If you decide to come back, we'll be happy to find a solution with you.
                  The next brick house on the left
                  Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Working...
                  X