This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDMI not working properly

Back when we used 14.04 I had no problems with HDMI, since other versions of Kubuntu have been released.

Below is a screenshot of audio devices and I have clicked on the star to make HDMI the default device, yet it does not change, only turns blue to show it was selected. Notice the other choice stays as the default device.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Kubuntu 18.04LTS~64bit|Plasma 5.12.9|KDE 5.47.0|QT 5.9.5|Linux 5.3.0.40~generic|M5A78L-M USB3|BIOS 2101|AMD PhenomII X4 965 3400+|P8H77-I Motherboard NIC|8.0GB PC3-10600 1333Mhz CL9 (9-9-9-24)DDR3

I have had this problem too. When using my laptop I plugin my laptop every now and then to HDMI and expect sound to go through it. However it doesn't work.

I believe (in my case) that it has something to do with the audio chipset not being handled very well and that is why it doesn't handle switch over correctly.

So question to ask yourself is a) did this hardware ever work b) if not, what is unique about my audio hardware. Potentially you'll find an answer that route.

Comment

Working...
    X