X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] turn off KDE wallet for wi-fi

I have auto login enabled.

every time user enters desktop, KDE wallet requires a password for home wi-fi. if i disable KDE wallet or click cancel, another password manager or app requesting password opens and the password needs to be entered (again) - this time the wi-fi password. why is the password not remembered? is this a bug?

on another laptop i have 18.04 installed (but no auto login) and i never had to enter another password to access wi-fi. it would just connect to it imediatelly after logging in.

Go to your network service and select that the network may used by all users. Maybe that will help.

Comment

It is a bug. I too get it sometimes in 20.04. Either you give Wallet password or put in WiFi password. I do not even have KDE Wallet setup. The best guess here is that it is a bug. There is another thread on the same issue.

Comment

If setting the option to make the connection available to all users does not work, In system settings look at the network connection security settings. If you've turned off kwallet you need to look at the WiFi security settings and set the option to "save for all users (unencrypted)".

I think that the wallet settings can be reset but I can't recall the steps off hand, being at work and away from the computer.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cantarel View Post
          Go to your network service and select that the network may used by all users. Maybe that will help.
          yes, that seems to have helped. We will see tomorrow if it reappears. But i've set it to "accessible to all users - (unencrypted password)" option.

Comment

Working...
          X