This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Disable touchpad when mouse is plugged in

I went with 20.04 to get better AMD GPU support. First of all - if any devs or friends of devs are hanging around here - looks like another good release. was also pleased with 18.04 (still am).

second, the option to disable touchpad when mouse is plugged in is not present in settings. i have this on old laptop with 18.04. how do i get it in 20.04?

Synaptics touchpad.

HP 255 G7 Ryzen 5 3500U - if anyone is interested - works nearly out of the box. Only needs kernel patch for wifi drivers (instructions on ask ubuntu). hopefully even this will be resolved when 5.8 hits the HWE kernel stack.

Likely this is from the move to the kernel driver from the former user space Synaptics driver.
    Thankfully, you can easily install this, which gives some extra settings.: xserver-xorg-input-synaptics

If it somehow causes trouble (unlikely) you can simply uninstall it to revert back to the built-in kernel driver.

Comment

thank you, that worked (it needed a reboot after install) . i still need to test the microphone (though it is found and i can set volume), camera and laptop behaved strange today when i turned it on without charger (on battery). desktop froze. I will look into it and then post another thread, if i can't figure it out.

Comment

Just in case anyone finds this thread, the laptop needs iommu=soft kernel switch (boot option) on boot (it can be made permanent by editing GRUB) otherwise it will not boot without the charger plugged in. this looks like AMD driver issue and reportedly (Ask Ubuntu) it is resolved in kernel 5.5 and upwards (5.6 offer further improvements in power management). It affects multiple brands of laptops with this APU.

I tested all the stuff i could think of and so far everything works. requested games (CS:GO, Gary's mod, Portal and Minecraft) got loaded and they perform well.

Note that i didn't do any virtualization. as i red the switch i used could have an effect on that.

Comment

Working...
        X