This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu installer cant put boot inside root automatically

(installation stuck at "saving installed packages")?

I am installing kubuntu 20.04, when i make only root, home and swap partition somehow installer cant detect place to put data to installed packages and get stuck at saving installed packages.
    on new install try to make own new partition (ubuntu (auto)) and installs system in it and not in /
    But when i make separate boot partition there is currently no problem ,installation goes well, but all new installations recommend /boot inside the /
    to currently avoid for future "Boot out of space" i have allocated boot 1Gb. what shall i do?
    Last edited by uvuv0; Mar 30, 2022, 11:53 PM.

Do you know about UEFI? And the differences with BIOS/MBR? Your problem sounds like the difficulties one gets with booting an installer in BIOS/MBR (aka "legacy", or "compatibility") mode, and trying to install onto a GPT partitioned drive. I suggest investigating how to boot the installer in UEFI mode; how to do that depends on the motherboard.

With UEFI there must be an ESP, or EFI system partition (not necessarily on the same drive as Kubuntu, but must be somewhere accessible at boot). A quite valid arrangement is an ESP, 500 MiB, and the rest one large partition. (There's usually no need for swap these days). The computer boots to an efi executable in the ESP and it finds /boot in /. Of course, there's lots of valid schemes.
    Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
    X