This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Update power failure PC screwed

So during my weekly-ish updates, whilst the system was applying them, I had a power failure. Now my PC wont boot, and if it does, it runs like complete crap. I've tried the repair bit in the recovery mode, but makes no difference execpt for the number of update locatons has been reduced to like 5.
    HOWEVER
    If I boot (ESC) select repair I get a screen like the attached, and select one of the lower ones, like 5.4.0-96 my PC works like a charm... SO
    how do I delete the 5.4.0-100 or promote 5.4.0-96 or 97 higher or to (use me as boot option) ?
    Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CharlieDaves; Mar 19, 2022, 03:52 AM.

Specifying a specific installed kernel to boot 'as default'. See https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2/Submenus
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks for that reply Snowhog. Meant nothing to me. I did rung the suggested command of config-grub, which pointed out that the "files" were somewhere. However I fond them all over in /boot.. After removing all the -100-generic files, I then re-ran config-grub, and it all reconfigured correctly, At This Time. Will check next Reboot.
      Thanks for the starting point Snowhog.

Comment

Working...
      X