Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desktop no longer working after Discovery update.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] Desktop no longer working after Discovery update.

Hello and thanks for reading this. Today there was a new update posted involving updating the mesa drivers from 21.0.3 to 21.2.6. After updating my computer and rebooting it is stuck on a black screen after the bios image. I have encountered this issue before by trying to manually update mesa to a newer version using the kisak-mesa ppa and reverted back since I could not figure out how to solve this problem but now I am forced to fix this since the official repo got updated. When trying to manually run "startx" it give me this error:
    MESA-LOADER: failed to open radeonsi: /usr/lib/dri/radeonsi_dir.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory. (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
    along with many more similar errors.

I check the directory: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri I and can see the files. It seems that my pc is trying to load non-existant 32-bit version of the files? Please help. I have some images but can't post them.

Update:
    This might disappoint others having similar issues but after reinstalling Kubuntu it still gives me this problem. I later found out that it is a hardware problem as replacing my boot drive has made the all of my problems disappear.

Comment

Was your old boot drive showing any errors? How old was it? Brand and model?
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

It is an ADATA SX 8200 pro. When I was reinstalling the OS it failed to format two times. I believe it was around 2 years old.

Comment

Working...
        X