Can't resume from sleep mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't resume from sleep mode

For some time now, can't say how long, my system 76 oryx laptop always fails to resume from sleep (suspend to RAM).

Entering in sleep mode is quite fast, but when I try to wake it up by tapping the power button, the computer seems to start working, the keyboard is illuminated and all, the disk light is blinking, but the screen is completely black. Tried typing the passport and pressing enter, tried Ctrl+f2 but I always end up having to force the shutdown.

I also tried to check the logs, to see if I find something strange, but they always seem to only have information after the forced reboot.

Probably related, my laptop has an NVidia GeForce GTX 970M and I am using the 470.86 proprietary driver.

Originally posted by AlexNeto View Post
    ... when I try to wake it up by tapping the power button...
    You shouldn't have to tap the power button, any key should work; I suggest a shift or control key*. My desktop wakes on mouse movement, but the laptop I'm typing this on doesn't. (It sleeps on closing, wakes on opening.)

How are you sleeping?

I often use a menu item so that I can map it to a key chord. The command the menu item uses is
    Code:
    qdbus org.kde.Solid.PowerManagement /org/freedesktop/PowerManagement Suspend
    (* I used to use the space key and I got annoyed when a video I was watching would restart playing, till I realized that that's what the space key does.)
    Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
      You shouldn't have to tap the power button, any key should work; I suggest a shift or control key*. My desktop wakes on mouse movement, but the laptop I'm typing this on doesn't. (It sleeps on closing, wakes on opening.)

How are you sleeping?

I often use a menu item so that I can map it to a key chord. The command the menu item uses is
      Code:
      qdbus org.kde.Solid.PowerManagement /org/freedesktop/PowerManagement Suspend
      (* I used to use the space key and I got annoyed when a video I was watching would restart playing, till I realized that that's what the space key does.)
      Uhm, actually it used to wake up from pressing a key or mouse click, and now it doesn't. So maybe the problem is not the wake up but how it's entering in sleep mode.

To sleep I am using the buttons on the "shutdown" menu.

Comment

Working...
      X