Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I did it just now. Thanks, again, claydoh.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Update, so far, screen flicker upon waking up the PC.

In Post #1, I stated that it happened 4 times between 12/1/21 and 12/26/21.
      Post #15, claydoh says to try something: In Kubuntu 20.04, set the native refresh rate to 75 Hz.
      Post #16, I did that on 12-28-21.

Today, 01-28-22, a month later, since resetting that refresh rate to my monitor's native rate 75 HZ, I have had no incidents of screen flickering (upon waking up the PC).

=> So far, so good, crossing fingers, but it sure looks like we moved in the right direction!
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

• Snowhog
        Snowhog commented
        Editing a comment
        Gotta love it when a plan comes together.

• Qqmike
        Qqmike commented
        Editing a comment
        I deleted my comment. I figured out how to mark the thread solved! ;-)

(Refer to my last post #17) Made it through the 2nd month, February, then to March 2nd -- no screen flickering.

Conclusion (claydoh): It seems that setting (in Kubuntu) the Refresh rate of my screen to equal my monitor's "native" refresh rate has solved this problem (of screen flickering upon waking up).
      I think now I will only post again if I have new information that could be helpful, Or ... if the problem resurfaces (somehow).

Thanks, again to all the input. Thanks to claydoh for the guidance.

Comment

Working...
      X