This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending file from SMB share to Bluetooth device doesn't work

I can't send a file from an SMB share to a smartphone paired with the computer.

Using Dolphin to copy a file from the SMB drive to the computer via the local network works.

Sending a file on the computer to a device connected via Bluetooth works as well.

However, what doesn't work is in Dolphin right-clicking a file on the SMB drive, and then in the context menu choosing Share > Send via Bluetooth. I can pick the paired device as receiver, but the transfer immediately crashes.

If you need any logs to address this problem, I'll be happy to provide them.

I installed KDEConnect on both my laptop and my Samsung GS10. Drag & drop works in either direction. So does the 22 other services that app brings to the table. When someone sends a text msg to my phone it pops up on my laptop and I answer it from there without touching my phone. It makes a nice way to transfer a file from my laptop through my phone to someone on my contact list who doesn't have an email address.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Why doesn't the method work that the OS provides out of the box?

Comment

Can't say as to why, but for some things, it seems to only work if the network drive is physically mounted via the fstab, and thus seen as a physical drive, as opposed to being seen by the file manager.
        it surely is a bug, but not sure where. Dolphin, the kio-slave, the phone's OS, or the Bluetooth stack.

I can't verify this myself, as my bluetooth adapter seems to have stopped working on my PC??, darned Realtek!

I have been using the desktop's native KDEConnect option usually for this task, via the right-click.
        Last edited by claydoh; Dec 19, 2020, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I think I'll file a bug report about it.

Thanks for the fstab tip. I'll try that.

Comment

Working...
          X