X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Unable to Mount NAS Onto New System

Hello,

I just upgraded my system hardware and new OS to 20.04.1 LTS. As I am working through configuring the new system, I find that I am unable to mount my NAS. I can ssh into the NAS, but it will not mount:

Code:
    #fstab_Mount NAS
    #!/bin/bash
    # script to mount NAS if it's powered on
    if ping -c1 -w3 192.168.1.105 >/dev/null 2>&1
     then
       mount /media/NAS
       echo "NAS is mounted to /media/NAS"
     else
       echo "NAS is not mounted"
    fi
    When I attempt to run it just like I do on my K 18.04.5 LTS system it errors out with:
    Code:
    $ ./fstab-mount-nas
    mount: /media/NAS: bad option; for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might need a /sbin/mount.<type> helper program.
    NAS is mounted to /media/NAS
    This error code doesn't come up on DDG or even Google. I've also tried: $sudo mount -av which gets me:
    Code:
    $ sudo mount -av
    /                             : ignored
    /media/Data        : already mounted
    /media/NAS         : ignored
    /media/tmpdisk  : already mounted
    Why can't I mount my NAS and how do I correct the situation? Again, everything works on my Bionic system, but Fosa seems to have some issues with my script and fstab. Here's my fstab for your review:
    Code:
    $ cat fstab
    # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
    #
    # Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a
    # device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices
    # that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
    #
    # <file system>                                            <mount point>      <type>  <options>                 <dump>     <pass>
    # / was on /dev/sda2 during installation
    UUID=9cb44c29-b632-4035-ab0c-26bab80761c3 /               ext4    errors=remount-ro 0       1
    # /boot/efi was on /dev/sda1 during installation
    #
    # This si the data drive mounte to /media/Data 
    UUID=9d3f1ff1-99b4-418c-8dca-84916431f9d5 /media/Data     ext4    auto,exec,rw,noatime          0   2
    #
    # This is the Network Attached Storage server mount line. Script was added to GUI System Settings>startup>Autostart to mount when NAS is online.
    192.168.1.105:/nas                        /media/NAS       nfs    rw,hard,noexec,noauto,user,retrans=1,retry=0          0   0
    #
    # This line mounts a RAM disk for temp files storage to prevent unnecessary SSD writes.
    tmpfs                                     /media/tmpdisk  tmpfs   nodev,nosuid,noexec,nodiratime,size=1024M             0   0
    "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People
Working...
X