This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pemartins View Post
    As I am not exactly a computer genius (far, waaaaaayyyy far), I make use of tools like CherryTree to keep entries/logs of every single solution for every single problem I have found at some point in Linux. Even every app I install and remove is in there for each OS, in case I need to do it again or do a fresh install in a future version. So all I had to do was copy my "wifi fix 20.04" entry and paste it on the thread.....
    Excellent practice!

I used to have a near photographic memory and never depended on written documents. I still think I do, but in reality I don't. That's why bookmarks and DDG have become my memory. Most of the advice I give on this forum I do DDG searches for. But, the problem I have is remembering that I bookmarked a solution.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Turns out the issue is not solved, even after all that stuff I did the connection still loses ip randomly. It happens mostly while streaming or downloading.

Comment

What do the log msgs say?
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

It's always the same I've posted in the first post of this thread: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post439855

I don't know if there are other logs that can be useful, if so please let me know.

Comment

I have a Qualcomm Atheros AR9462 Wireless Network Adapter in my 2012 Acer Aspire V3-771G laptop.
            It gave me an identical experience, apparently disconnecting but actually dropping the rx speed to a few hundred Kb which, for all practical purposes, is like having no connection at all in our GUI Internet. It uses the ath9k driver, which modinfo had revealed has several parms. I experimented with them in various combinations and arrived at a stable connection. Later releases, beginning with 16.04, automatically configured my wifi chip and it has worked perfectly every since, giving me about 85% of its maximum 256Mb/s speed.

Unfortunately, your chip driver has only one param, encryption (0,1).

I have nothing further to offer you. Sorry. Perhaps an inexpensive USB wifi chip might be a solution?

Comment

Buying additional hardware to correct a software bug in an operating system is not something I would consider, and specially not external hardware for a laptop which aims for portability.

Tell me something, since I did not have this issue in Bionic 18.04, would it be possible to just install Bionic's wifi driver (rt2800pci is it)?
              If so, how could it be done?

Comment

Apparently I've found a workaround, which is installing and using something called wicd. Been using it for some days now and did not lose connection ever since, which means that the problem is network-manager.

Is there a way to just install network-manager as it is in bionic 18.04?

Comment

Working...
                X