Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONFIGURATION] Kubuntu 20.04LTS on macmini 5,2 mid-2011--Wifi connection disconnecting very 3'

hi there,

I installed Kubuntu 20.04LTs on my macmini mid 2011 (used Broadcom bcm4311 801.1 a/b/g/n Wifi). All went well, and I installed the wifi drivers from the additional drivers section--it picked up the drivers and I was able to connect to my local Wifi home signal.

But here is the thing...the connection keeps falling off...and reconnected only when I click the WiFi networks icon in the system tray...the connection is reset and can access the internet; Also, I noticed if I pin the networks popup, the connection stays alive for the entire time. I have followed on a few solutions where this behaviour was noted in the prior version of Ubuntu/Kubuntu.
    I even tried turning off IPv6 to ignore. I am looking for a solution from here if you know hot to fix this, let em know.

many thanks

I had the same flaky broadcom behaviour on 2014 macbook pro using slackware. Situation was much better after I built and used the broadcom-sta driver. I'm inclined to ask which driver you are using, but that would probably imply I know more about this than I do... So I'll defer to this page:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/5586...reless-drivers

and suggest that if you aren't using the broadcom-sta driver (which I believe is proprietary & not open source) that might improve the situation. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X