how to change network card name into eth0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GRUB] how to change network card name into eth0

I am trying to change the network card name into eth0.
    I used the meathod in ubuntu:
    1. edit /ect/default/grub, add GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="net.ifnames=0 biosdevname=0"
    2. update-grub
    3. edit /etc/network/interfaces file.

However I can not find /etc/network/interfaces file.

Then how can I do?

Thx.

Why don't you just create one?
    But know that some settings in /etc/network/interfaces collide with plasma-nm/NetworkManager.
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap scriptreinstall Snap for release-upgrade scriptinstall traditional Firefox script

Comment

There are several ways to change the weird device name to something simple, like eth0. In fact, I just did that early this afternoon because I got tired of seeing, and trying to remember that odd name for my wifi. Here's what I did:
      I created a file: /etc/udev/rules.d/10-persistent-network.rules
      and in it I put:
      ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="net",ATTR{address}=="b4:4b:d6:2d:72:34 ",NAME="wlan0"
      It all has to be on one line, so don't split the line for "looks" sake. And, change the address to your card's hex, and "wlan0" to what you want.
      Reboot.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
        There are several ways to change the weird device name to something simple, like eth0. In fact, I just did that early this afternoon because I got tired of seeing, and trying to remember that odd name for my wifi. Here's what I did:
        I created a file: /etc/udev/rules.d/10-persistent-network.rules
        and in it I put:

It all has to be on one line, so don't split the line for "looks" sake. And, change the address to your card's hex, and "wlan0" to what you want.
        Reboot.
        thx a lot! it works!

it really helps!

Comment

Working...
        X