Wired internet broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wired internet broken

After recent update there is no connection to internet. Connection to router shows only a small amount of data transferred. Nothing wrong with cable etc as booting windows or 20.04 on USB stick works fine. Hoping to fix before reinstalling 20.04. Thanks in advance, Colin...

If you boot from the previous kernel, does your network connection work?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Tried previous two kernels with same problem. In grub rescue boot the last line is "reached target and net workname lookups"
      In repair packages option it claims libgcc-s1 is missing so tried to install from usb stick but got "cannot install from unsigned repo".

Comment

you can download that package frome here https://packages.ubuntu.com/jammy/libs/libgcc-s1 and install it with qapt. but I'm not sure if all the dependencies will be met.
        Good Luck.
        Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

Yes that's what I was trying to do, however it won't install. No error message but probably the unsigned repository thing that Discover was giving me. I'm thinking I'll reinstall root partition again, quicker for me lol. No doubt there's a fix somewhere. Thanks to all for help.

Comment

Can you believe it! After a few days of operating internet again broken. This time it certainly happened after package upgrade. The following packages were upgraded:
            dnsmasq-base
            nordvpn
            Kubuntu-desktop
            plasma-distro-release-notifier was installed
            I've notified Nordvpn to see if there's an issue buy no reply yet.
            Thanks for any advice, Colin...

Comment

Update, removing nordvpn restored internet. Will see what nordvpn has to say...

Comment

https://support.nordvpn.com/Connecti...Linux-Mint.htm

You probably just need to disconnect the VPN, use a different server, or use different settings for autoconnect, killswitch, or other options.

Comment

I'll post the solution from nordvpn if I get one. Worked fine before nordvpn update.

Comment

Sometimes new software can reset settings, or introduce new defaults. This sounds like a killswitch or similar setting at first glance, or perhaps as simple as a corrupted configuration file.
                    I know I personally have been bitten by the killswitch option on my VPN in the past -- and tore out some of what remains of my hair over it figuring it out

Comment

No reply as yet from nordvpn. I reinstalled nordvpn and all is ok so no explanation yet. After the previous update not even nordvpn could connect to internet. Will post again when I get a response.

Comment

Working...
                      X