Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm looking for Motherboard that will support Radeon RX 5700 XT and of course Ubuntu.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking for Motherboard that will support Radeon RX 5700 XT and of course Ubuntu.

I'm looking for a good Gigabyte Motherboard that supports Kubuntu 20.04 as well Intel I7 integrated graphics CPUs and Radeon RX 5700 XT also.
    Any suggestions?
    Note: I'm kinda hardware illiterate. So please bare with me.

The GPU I'm thinking about getting https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...700-july&num=1

Originally posted by SuperSapien64 View Post
    I'm looking for a ... Gigabyte Motherboard that supports Kubuntu 20.04 ...
    I would expect them all to... conceivably there's some that have built-in hardware that have problems, like wi-fi, I suppose. I bought my Gigabyte mobo, some years ago now, without giving it a thought, I just assumed it would work.

Does anyone know of any that have problems with Linux? Of any brand? ("good" is another matter altogether...)
    Regards, John Little

Comment

Recently, I've had a Gigabyte, an MSI, and an ASRock. All worked well, without a hitch on a couple of different Kubuntu versions. WRT UEFI, Gigabyte was the easiest to set up, but neither MSI nor ASRock were overly taxing on the brain. I've run on-board graphics and a low end Nvidia on each with no problems. I would recommend these three in any order, all day long.
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Working...
      X