Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get my Brother MFC-J895dw printing properly.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Get my Brother MFC-J895dw printing properly.

Hello, all,

My Brother MFC-J8950DW is connected by usb cable to my white-box tower computer running Kubuntu 20.04. There's no shortage of power, and the OS seems to be working ine. When I try to print a page of a pdf, the printer's queue shows the job and says "Printing 'Account=40865653'
    " and below that "Waiting for job to complete." The printer's LCD display says "Receiving data." The printer seems to be fine: it prints its own page printing feature, which, btw, prints an Ubuntu page, and it prints the same page when I click the KDE printer dialog's Maintenance>Print test page. But the print from the pdf or web page never happens. This has happened before, but I don't remember what fixed it. I believe it had something to do with changing the printer dialog's Configure>Connection field. Right now it is ipp._tcp.local/?uuid=e3248000-80ce-11db-8000-3c2af453c9ac, which I got by going to the installation dialog's manufacturer/specific device. Once, last week, I just turned the printer off & back on again, and it printed the pdf page, but it hasn't printed since. I've followed Brother's troubleshooting instructions to no avail. Now what? What am I missing? I sure will appreciate knowing what's causing this and how to fix it. Thanks.
    Last edited by RLynwood; Jul 20, 2021, 04:25 PM.

Is there a "pop-under" dialog asking for something that is covered by the printer/spool dialog?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thank you for answering. I hadn't been notified of this response and was expecting an email notification. If I understand you right, I don't think so. I don't see a task indication in the task bar or system tray, including in the notifications list. Further, when I click 'print' it should just begin printing. As it is, the printer clearly is responding to something; its menu lcd lights up and its notification area says "Receiving data." But it doesn't proceed further; it doesn't print.

Comment

Working...
      X